Welcome to Yet Another Sailor Moon Icontest! If you've made it here, chances are you pretty much know the drill, but here's the ropes just in case. Each week there will be a new theme presented that you will base your icon on. At the end of the week, on Friday night, the icons will be posted and voting will commence. Winners will be announced on Sunday night and they will recieve a banner, which they can show off all around the net and brag about mercilessly and make all their friends feel inadequate.
For those of you who don't want to make icons, you can still enjoy the community and simply vote for your favorite icons each week!
1. All icons must be Sailor Moon related. Anime, manga, sera myu, and PGSM are acceptable. Cosplay and doujinshi are not.
2. Members are able to submit up to two icons every week except on special occasions.
3. Icons must fit the LiveJournal standards of a maximum size of 100x100 and 40kb. Icons will be checked each week and violaters of this rule will be disqualified.
4. Do not show off your icons anywhere before voting is finished. If anyone catches you using your icons or advertising your icons, your entry will be disqualified. If you violate this rule twice, you'll recieve a two month ban. If you violate it a third time, you will be permanently banned from the community.
5. Do not steal another's icon and claim it as your own. VIOLATORS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY PERMABANNED. This includes using an icon before the winners have been announced. If you don't know who made it, you can't credit, and I consider that guilty of stealing.
6. Cheating will recieve a permanent ban. This includes tactical voting and voting for yourself. Don't cheat.
7. If they don't ask for criticism, don't give it.
8. All icons must be brand-spanking new for the icontest. Don't recycle icons.
9. Credit all icons that you come across. If anyone comes across an avatar used in one of our contests that is not creditted in the keywords, we will contact you and tell you to add credit within the week. Makers of all icons will be announced in the voting posts, so you will have no excuses.
On Monday, a mod will post a theme and you will have until Friday night to get your icon in. Just leave a comment at the screened challenge post, but NOT anonymously, with the icon and the URL at which it can be found. Also, please list any brush, base, gradient, or texture credits.
Voting times may vary, but should generally last from Friday at 11:00 PM CST to Sunday 11:00 PM CST.
To vote, members will leave a comment listing their top three favorite icons, in order of preference followed by your vote for whatever special theme there is that week. All votes will be screened so the community-at-large will not know who is in the lead.
Vote for the one you truly feel is the best unless it's your own. ^.~
Winners for each theme will be announced Sunday night and banners will be made shortly afterward. The first-place icon will become the community's default icon for that week, until we have the winner for the next theme.